5 Best Mattress For Belly Sleeper 2019
If anyone told you that your sleeping like a “dead man’s float”, then you’re one of the small minority of people described as a belly sleeper.
And getting the right amount of support can be a real challenge for belly sleepers. As you probably know, sleeping on your stomach can cause pains, stiffness, or aches in your neck or back. And without the right mattress, the risk of such issues only gets higher and worse with each passing night.
So, if you are looking to prevent these risks, see our selections of the best mattress for belly sleepers below!
Top 5 Best Mattress For Belly Sleepers Comparison Chart
Top 5 Best Mattress For Belly Sleepers Reviews
- 4-layers of premium foam construction for support, breathability, and bounce
- Breathable open-cell foams have tiny pores to let hot air escape, keeping you cool at night
- Combination of softer foam for shoulder region and supportive firm foam for core and hip area
- Please note: Any new product will expand within minutes and can have a mild scent upon unboxing that will dissipate in a few hours in a well-ventilated room
1. Casper Sleep Foam Mattress
This foam mattress from Casper Sleep is an excellent choice for the belly sleepers with is comfortable layers, medium firmness and cooling properties. It provides the needed support for every belly sleeper, and you will find that it is neither too soft nor too firm. The mattress is in fact rated to have a firmness level of 6 – 6.5, making it an excellent choice for those who prefer to sleep in their stomachs.
This supportive capability is due to its multiple foam layers. Its core support layer is made of 5 inches polyurethane foam with a 1.8 pounds density with 1.5 inches of foam and a 2.5 pounds per for density. These foam layers provide the very much needed support for belly sleepers, particularly around the hips and torso.
Meanwhile, 2comfort layers— a 1.5 inches of open-cell comfort top layer and 1.5 inches of responsive memory foam bottom layer— provide a good combination of bounce to prevent sinkage and firmness to provide pressure relief. Also, the open-cell comfort foam provides breathability, keeping you cool as you sleep.
This best mattress for belly sleeper comes with a cover made of Supima cotton. The fabric is said to be at least 4 times stronger than the average and will not wear or thin with regular washing. The manufacturer also includes a 100-night risk-free trial as well as a 10-year warranty for their mattress.
- PROVEN: We're not shy to say, people love us; This mattress has 1 of the highest percentages of 5 star reviews across mattresses on Amazon; We like to keep things honest and transparent, that goes for our business model, our products, and our reviews
- PROPRIETARY ADAPTIVE FOAM: Constructed with freshly poured T and N Adaptive foam, this mattress provides a bouncy yet supportive feel perfect for all sleeping positions and also allows us to box the mattress for quick shipping without compromising quality
- NOT HOT, NOT COLD, JUST RIGHT: Our high grade foam is more advanced than outdated materials such as latex and memory foam; The T and N Adaptive foam sleeps cool, sleeps comfortable and offers great pressure relief, plus you won't disturb your sleeping partner
- NO RISK: Our mattress has an honest 10 year limited warranty you can actually use (no gimmicks)
- CERTIFIED: We go the extra mile to get our mattresses Greenguard Gold, and Certi PUR certified; This means our beds are held to the highest of standards and are third party certified to be free of harmful chemicals, substances or materials
2. TUFT & NEEDLE Adaptive Foam Mattress
Boasting over 7,000 reviews on Amazon alone, this adaptive foam mattress from TUFT & NEEDLE proves that more layers do not necessarily mean more comfort. The mattress features dual layers of adaptive foam which is designed to offer maximum support while relieving pressure points for the belly sleepers.
Featuring a 7 inches high-density polyfoam base layer, this mattress distributes your weight evenly. This creates low pressure across the body when sleeping in your belly so that you can breathe more easily. Rated 7 for firmness, the mattress gives enough support to keep the neck and spine in proper alignment while preventing your hip from sinking and placing your back in a poor position.
This best mattress for belly sleeper also comes with a cover constructed from polyester and micro polyamide. These materials are known for its breathability and durability, keeping you cool all night long and ensuring that it will last for years to come.
- Combines the superior support of a wrapped coil innerspring system with the conforming response of gel infused memory foam for the ultimate sleeping experience
- Beautifully detailed quilted euro top knit cover with a corded edge and coordinating knit sides for breathability
- Gel infused memory foam layer draws heat away from the body allowing for a more comfortable refreshing night's sleep; wrapped innerspring coils prevent motion transfer between partners for an undisturbed might of rest
- High quality memory foam and pressure relieving gel memory foam are naturally hypoallergenic and resistant to allergens, mold, bacteria, and dust mites and it meets CertiPUR US program standards for performance, emissions, and durability
- Euro top with cushion firm feel
3. Classic Brands Gramercy Hybrid Mattress
Offering best-in-class comfort and superior support, this innerspring and cool gel memory foam hybrid mattress will ensure a relaxed good night’s sleep for the belly sleepers. At 14 inches, the Gramercy hybrid mattress from Classic Brands has a firmness level of 6.
This medium firmness is thanks to the mattress’ 8 inches base layer of innerspring coils. Individually wrapped 13-gauge steel coils all work together in order to keep your spine in proper alignment in your sleeping position, helping you to prevent neck and back pain.
Atop the strong innerspring coils, is the multiple layers of comfort foam and memory foam that works together to contour to your body shape while relieving pressure points in your hips and knees. In addition, its top layer is gel-infused memory foam which helps prevent overheating and sweating during the night.
Thanks to the base layer of pocketed coils, the mares also offers excellent motion isolation so you enjoy an uninterrupted sleep even if you have an active sleeper for a partner. Featuring a quilted knit cover with coordinating knit sides and corded edges, this best mattress for belly sleeper gives you a softer sleeping surface that is also naturally anti-microbial.
- ULTIMATE KING BED - Our king size mattress distributes equalized pressure and supports proper spine alignment. Together, these give you the ultimate sleeping experience for better recovery and relaxation.
- MOTION ISOLATION - Purple Innovations designed this king sized mattress using sleep science and leading technology to create a special motion isolation so you don't feel movement from others sleeping near you.
- FREE-FLOW AIR CHANNELS - The Free Air Flow technology with breathable channels neutralizes temperatures and won't trap heat like memory foam or latex. Our mattress neutralizes temperatures to keep your body perfectly comfortable.
- ANTIMICROBIAL - Naturally Antimicrobial with no artificial germicides, the materials used also protect against allergens and dust mites. Our patented Hyper-Elastic Polymer is FDA-certified for safe use, and our foam has been certified by the CertiPUR-US Certified program, so you can be sure that our materials are completely safe and nontoxic.
- 100 NIGHT TRIAL - Applies to Purple mattress purchases made exclusively through Amazon seller Purple Innovation!
4. Purple Hyper-Elastic Polymer Mattress
This hyper-elastic polymer mattress from company Purple is scientifically engineered to support a proper spine alignment while relieving pressure points with the Smart-Comfort Grid system.
Designed to accommodate all kinds of sleeping positions, this mattress has a firmness level of 6.5 which is the right one for people who like to sleep on their stomachs. The Smart Comfort Grid system, mentioned earlier helps provide enough support for the belly sleepers. Made from a hyper-elastic polymer material, it ensures an even distribution of weight.
Being 2 inches thick, the comfort layer of this best mattress for belly sleeper is designed to respond quickly to pressure, giving it a slightly bouncy feel. It is also designed to soften to cushion your hips and shoulders while allowing the rest of your body to sink into the layers.
In addition, the mattress free-flow air channels also encourage airflow and preventing overheating. Not only that the mattress also offers superior motion isolation, so you do not gel movement from your partner.
- Our mattress: The Leesa Hybrid mattress combines premium foam layers with individually-wrapped pocket springs for superior edge to edge support. The Leesa Hybrid mattress was thoughtfully designed with the best of both worlds, featuring a cooling avena foam Top layer, a contouring memory foam recovery layer and an active pocket Spring layer enhanced with edge support.
- Rest on luxury: The Leesa Hybrid mattress actively responds and adapts to your body as you sleep, gently pushing back on your pressure points through the night. The hybrid pairing gives reliable, yet luxurious Rest.
- Made in the USA: The Leesa Hybrid mattress is designed, assembled and manufactured in the USA with high-performance foams and advanced pocket-spring Coil technology.
- Edge support: the Leesa Hybrid mattress features incredible edge-to-edge support thanks to 1, 000+ individually-wrapped pocket springs.
- Wrapped in luxury: all Leesa mattresses are covered with our iconic 4 stripe mattress cover. We've worked hard to make this highly breathable, virtually seamless mattress cover with no tapered edges one of the most comfortable mattress covers on the market, so you can sleep well.
The Leesa hybrid mattress allows you to enjoy a touch of luxury when sleeping. Featuring memory foam and Avena foam for its top layers, this mattress offers a luxurious comfort you need. The 1.5 inches Avena foam offers cooling properties which help regulate your temperature during the night while providing a balance between bounce and sinkage.
Meanwhile, the 1.5 inches memory foam layer ensures responsiveness to your movements as well as relieving pressure by following the natural contours of your body. In terms of firmness, this mattress is rated 7, so you can expect superior support that you need. Its 6 inches bottom layer of individually wrapped innerspring coils will ensure that your spine is aligned correctly even when sleeping on your back.
In addition, the coil springs are made of premium-grade steel protected in between 1-inch layers of stabilizing foam. These layers make up a unique and efficient core support system which is ideal even for the heavier individuals. Not only that, this best mattress for belly sleeper also provides good support to its edges, so you should never find yourself sliding off the edge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is it really bad to sleep on your belly?
A: As mentioned before, sleeping on your stomach causes pain on your neck and back. And pain does not only affect your sleep but also the quality of your life when you’re awake.
When sleeping on your belly, most of your weight is supported only by your torso and does not allow the natural position of the spine. And with your spine out of alignments, it can put pressure on your nerves that can lead to pinched nerves which can cause pain and tingling.
In addition to the pain and alignment problems, the fact that your neck is sharply turned on one side is also not a good thing. This sharp angle position can eventually lead to herniated discs.
Q: But, is there any upside to sleeping on your belly?
A: We have been kind of harsh on belly sleeping, and for several good reasons. But, if you are suffering from sleep apnea or snoring, then stomach sleeping is known to help reduce both problems. In addition, for people prone to suffering from indigestions and/or heartburns, sleeping on your belly is known to reduce these as well.
Q: Are there any accessories that can help me to sleep on my belly?
A: There is a broad range of body pillow positioning kinds of products that can help ease back pain when sleeping on your stomach. You can find contouring full-body pillows that wrap around your body so you can old them for the needed support.
Not only that, you can also find complete positioning systems which allow you to lie face down, like those massage tables, while lifting your hips, for the best stomach sleeping support.
Q: What should I consider when buying a mattress for my sleeping position?
A: Stomach sleepers will need to choose a mattress with medium firmness which is 4 – 7 on the scale from 1 – 10. A mattress needs to provide superior support while also conforming to your body in order to allow for the natural and neutral spine and body alignment.
According to expert, the best mattress type for stomach sleeper is hybrid, innerspring and foam mattresses.
Belly sleeping has earned a bad reputation, but much of this is just because of the fact that the average individual simply does not know what to look for in their mattress which can facilitate this preferred sleeping position.
So, if you just can’t seem to get comfortable in your bed and wants to buy a new one, every best mattress for belly sleeper on our list ensures that you will have a good night’s sleep on your belly sleeping position.