Best Mattress For Seniors With Arthritis in 2020 | Complete Reviews With Comparisons
Arthritis can hit all ages. However, it is most prevalent in seniors.
Arthritis is already bad enough during the day. But, when bedtime hits, it can be an excruciating hardship to find a comfortable position for a peaceful and sound sleep. Along with proper attention to arthritic problems, it is crucial to house the best mattress for seniors with arthritis, offering the correct amount of support to alleviate pressure and reduce joint pain.
So, sleep comfortably tonight with our top mattress picks that can ease tension and pain.
Top 5 Best Mattress For Seniors With Arthritis Comparison Chart
Best Mattress For Seniors With Arthritis Reviews
- Proven: Over a million people choose us every night. In fact, 95% of our customers keep and love their T&N Original Mattress, Featuring our own proprietary T&N Adaptive foam, the Original Mattress is universally comfortable for all sleeping positions
- Proprietary foam: Our T&N Adaptive foam is engineered based on customer feedback and provides pressure relief where you need it most. An open-cell structure provides a flexible sleep surface that adjusts to you as you move throughout the night
- Cool sleeping: Our foam is more advanced than outdated materials such as latex and memory foam, the T&N Adaptive foam helps pull away heat with cooling graphite and gel beads, wrapped in our breathable plush cover to help keep you cool and comfortable
- Free of harmful chemicals: Our mattresses Greenguard Gold and CertiPUR-US certified, this means our beds are held to the highest of standards and are third party tested and certified to free of harmful chemicals, substances or materials
- Questions: We pride ourselves on customer service and urge you to reach out to us directly if you have any questions at any point, our expert customer service team will be available to help you through any hesitations, problems or questions you may have
1. TUFT & NEEDLE Bed in a Box Mattress
Boasting a 4.1-star rating with almost 8,000 reviews on Amazon alone, this best mattress for seniors with arthritis from TUFT & NEEDLE is definitely a favorite, especially for the arthritic individuals. Constructed from premium T&N Adaptive foam, this mattress offers a bouncy but supportive feel that makes it perfect for all kinds of sleeping positions.
This high-grade foam material is more advanced than other materials like memory foam and latex, allowing you to sleep cool and comfortable while relieving pressure and pain points. Featuring a support layer of foam, your body stays aligned, regardless of your sleeping position. Thanks to the cooling gel and graphite in the adaptive foam, it evenly distributes heat, so you no longer have to sweat it out during the night.
Highly versatile, this best mattress for seniors with arthritis is compatible with most foundations, frames, and box springs. To ensure its quality and high-standards, this mattress is also CertiPUR and Greenguard Gold certified. For a risk-free buying, TUF & NEEDLE also offers a full refund guarantee with a 100-night sleep trial as well as a 10-year limited warranty.
- BEST REVIEWED MATTRESS - Purchase the top rated queen mattress at the lowest price. Aveline delivers high quality memory foam comfort and support at a price you can afford.
- SLEEP SOUNDLY - Reduce pressure on your head, neck and spine with an open cell memory foam queen mattress. Aveline helps align your spine and reduce pressure on your hips, lower back and shoulders.
- INDEPENDENTLY TESTED - The foam inside is CertiPUR-US certified so you can be sure it’s made without formaldehyde, heavy metals, PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (”Tris”) flame retardants, and is low on VOC.
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION - Over 98% of Aveline customers are satisfied with their purchase and buy more as the need arises. Back that up with our 10-year warranty, and you can rest easy knowing you are purchasing a quality mattress at an exceptional price.
- COOLING MATTRESS - Aveline comes with gel-infused memory foam top layer that is open cell and ventilated. Sleep comfortably while reducing sweat and perspiration during hot or humid weather.
2. Modway Aveline Gel and Memory Foam Mattress
For those under a tight budget, this best mattress for seniors with arthritis from Modway Aveline should deliver high-quality foam support and comfort during bedtime with a price that fits your wallet. Boasting a 4.4-star rating with over 2,000 reviews, this is one of the top-rated mattresses on Amazon.
Topped with gel-infused memory foam, this mattress keeps your body temperature steady, dissipating heat while conforming to your body, weight and sleeping position. For the arthritic seniors, sleep peacefully with its open-cell ventilated memory foam solution, relieving pressure points on your neck and head while aligning your spine to reduce pressure on your shoulders, lower back, and hips.
Plus, it also helps reduce bounce between 2 sleepers for an uninterrupted sleep even if you have an active sleeper by your side. In addition, this cooling gel mattress is CertiPUR-US certified, so you can be confident that this mattress is made without harmful chemicals such as mercury, formaldehyde, flame retardant and is low on VOC.
This 6 inches memory foam mattress will come to your door vacuum-packed and rolled, taking at least 2 – 4 hours for it to expand and reach its original height. Not only that, but the manufacturer also included a removable stretch knit diamond pattern cover which can be removed and washed.
3. Purple Hyper-Elastic Polymer Mattress
An excellent mattress for spinal alignment, this one from Purple offers some extensive all-over support that works to promote and support correct spinal alignment as you sleep. Available in 5 sizes, this firm and supportive mattress is a great alternative to the usual foam memory mattresses since it is constructed from Hyper-Elastic Polymer. It is more supportive and temperature neutral, completely non-toxic and will never develop indent.
Its best features are its ability to promote our spine’s natural curve as you sleep on your back or holding your spine in a straight line as you sleep on your side. Its Smart-Comfort Grid helps relieve pressure points and allows you to adopt a correct spine alignment as you sleep.
It also uses a motion isolation technique to ensure also ensures that you will not feel any movement even if you have a partner who’s an active sleeper, so you won’t be interrupted in your sleep. In addition, the breathable free flow air channels ensure that heat won’t be trapped like latex and memory foam, keeping you cool and comfortable. Naturally antimicrobial, this mattress is produced without artificial germicides and is protected against dust mites and allergens.
Not only that, this best mattress for seniors with arthritis is also FDA-certified as well as CertiPUR-US certified, so you can be sure that it is completely non-toxic and safe. It even comes with a 100-night trial as well as a 10-year Purple warranty for a risk-free buying.
- Design | Our Elegance mattress has three unique layers consisting of 1-inch of quilted plush air-infused foam on top of 1.5-inches of ventilated gel-infused foam. These two layers lie on top of a 2-inch layer of gel-infused memory foam. This enables superior heat dissipation while the 7.5-inch base layer of support foam maximizes comfort.
- Better Sleep | Our thoroughly tested memory foam helps eliminate nervous tension caused from common head, neck, and shoulder pain, which frequently keeps you awake and unrested while the cooling gel helps you fall asleep and stay temperature-neutral throughout the night.
- PREMIUM COVER | Our best-in-class premium textile stretch knit cover offers a luxurious look and feel while the mesh accents allow air to flow freely in and out of the mattress improving heat dissipation.
- Weightless Sleep Experience | The durable viscoelastic memory foam construction contours to your unique sleeping style and body shape to alleviate pain while the motion isolation helps you stay asleep even with partners.
- 10-Year Warranty | Buy with confidence knowing that your new mattress is CertiPUR-US certified, designed in the USA, and backed by our incredible 10-year warranty. And with our outstanding Amazon customer service, your purchase is risk-free! All our Perfect Cloud mattresses sold on Amazon come with a 30-day trial. DIMENSIONS | 80 x 60 x 12 inches.
4. Perfect Cloud Elegance Memory Foam Mattress
The thick Elegance Mattress from Perfect Cloud provides the perfect sleep for seniors with aching joints. This mattress features memory foam that helps relieve nervous tension caused from shoulder, neck and head pain that keeps you tossing and turning at night
It features a 7.5 inches base layer that ensures enough support and comfort topped with a 2 inches layer of gel-infused memory foam that allows superior heat dissipation. Next is a 1.5 inches ventilated gel-infused foam then a quilted plush air-infused foam that provides the necessary softness and comfort as you sleep. These layers are combined into a luxurious and thick 12-inch memory foam providing maximum sleeping comfort while keeping you cool all night long.
Its durable viscoelastic memory foam construction helps contours to your body shape and sleeping position that helps ease pain while isolating motion from your partner. Not only that, it also features a premium textile stretch-knit cover that offers a luxurious feel and looks of the mattress while the strong fibers for an easy spot cleaning. Meanwhile, the mesh accents help allow the air to flow freely, improving heat dissipation.
Buy with confidence knowing that this best mattress for seniors with arthritis is backed by a 10-year-long warranty as well as a 30-day trial for a risk-free buying. Being CertiPUR-US certified, you can rest assured that this mattress is also safe for you to sleep in.
- 60" W x 80" L x 12" H
- The latest in sleep technology, cool gel memory foam layer for temperature regulation with layers of ventilated egg crate foam for breathability layered on high-density base foam for maximum comfort and support
- Beautifully detailed waterfall edge cover with four way stretch top and charcoal gray knit sides works with the memory foam to optimize its conforming properties
- The three layers of only the highest quality gel, memory and high-density base foam work together to bring you the luxury you crave and the ultimate sleep experience you deserve
- High-quality memory foam conforms to your body while the cool gel regulates temperature; memory foam is naturally hypoallergenic and resistant to allergens, mold, bacteria, and dust mites and meets CertiPUR-US program standards for performance, emissions, and durability
5. Classic Brands Gel and Memory Foam Mattress
Measuring 12 inches, this gel-infused memory foam mattress from Classic Brands is designed for the ultimate support and comfort. Starting with the 2.5 inches top, breathable Cool Gel memory foam, it helps disperse body heat to create a cooler sleeping surface while relieving pressure points with memory foam properties.
Another 2 layers of poly gel-supportive foam provide the necessary support. Its medium plush feels properly aligns your spine and reduced pressure points between the back, shoulder, and neck. Lastly, the 6.5 inches support base layer offers the strength to effectively support all 3 layers. The mattress is covered with a beautifully tailored fabric complete with charcoal gray side panel and waterfall edges. The 4-way stretch helps conform to your body shape for ultimate comfort and working efficiently with the top layer to maximize its contouring properties.
Memory foam is also naturally hypoallergenic and antimicrobial, making it highly resistant to dust mites, bacteria, and molds. This best mattress for seniors with arthritis also meets the CertiPUR-US standards for durability, emissions, and performance. The mattress is shipped compressed and rolled in a box. With the 100-night risk-free trial, you can have a full refund is you are unsatisfied with the mattress.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I’m a back sleeper. What kind of mattress should I pick?
A: Back sleepers are generally regarded to be the best sleeping position if you have arthritis. Plus, you have a broader choice of mattress kinds since you can sleep well on anything from extra firm to plush. What matters is choosing a mattress that promotes better spine alignment.
Q: I’m a side sleeper. How firm should my mattress be?
A: If you are a side sleeper, you are best suited to the soft mattress types. However, you can also look for extra plusher types. This is due to your sleeping position. You will need a softer surface that factors in your contouring while considering pressure points. Firm mattresses are not recommended for the side sleepers.
Q: I prefer sleeping on my stomach. Do I need to switch up my sleeping position in order to alleviate arthritic pain?
A: Sleeping on your stomach is generally not a good position. However, if this is you, then you do not have to work on changing your sleeping position just to relieve pain. You can look for the kind of mattress that is firm since they work on holding up your hips without allowing it to sin into your mattress.
Q: Does weight have anything to do with a mattress firmness?
A: Your weight affects how firm or soft a mattress appears and feels to you. If you are overweight or heavier, then the bed will seem less firm that it should to a thinner person. So, when talking about the firmness numbers of a mattress, just know that if you are especially petite or heavy, then you will need to adjust the scale just a little bit. In addition, the weight also affects the level of support that you will need as well as the construction of the mattress.
It is important for anyone to get a restful night, however, it is even more crucial for seniors. Resting is imperative to functioning at good levels throughout the day as well as preventing other potential injury situations. And choosing the best mattress for seniors with arthritis is an absolute necessity to achieve that long-needed relief from joint pains and aches.