Sometimes it is also important to slow down and chill out for a while before trying to get straight to sleep. Some people maintain effective sleep hygiene to optimize their sleep schedule. But whatever strategies you personally employ to maximize your sleep, make sure to know your quest. Research shows that adding a mere 20 minutes of extra winks holds the power to boost mood, lower stress levels, and give a substantial kick to overall health.
Maybe falling asleep isn’t necessary but it turns out, certain beverages with abundant soothing nutrients can help you fall asleep faster. If you find yourself tossing and turning every night, and the eye bags are worsened, there’s already a need for you to know what to drink to sleep faster.
No matter where you’re from or when you’re born, probably your mom gave you a glass of warm milk. This is just one of the countless drinks known for helping you fall asleep. Not to mention countless herbs and supplements used in teas that give the same benefits. Still, it’s better to opt for natural remedies and supplements before heading straight for the sleeping pills, which aren’t relaxing you but sedating you.
Regarding what to drink to sleep faster, most of the options are milk and decaffeinated teas. Why? Because tea has properties from antioxidants to the aroma that helps calms stress and release feel-good hormones that help ease the mind and aid in a deeper slumber.
Here is a list of what to drink to sleep faster and help you enjoy your night.
- Settles your nervous system and relaxes your digestive system, especially good when stressed or tense
- Non-GMO verified; All Ingredients Certified Organic; 40% Fair Trade Certified(TM) ingredients; Kosher
- The highest quality, pharmacopoeial grade herbs
- Taste: Fragrantly floral and bittersweet
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations, when provided.
This is one of the beverages that will doze you off. This herb is known for its assistance in soothing the nervous system. It’s just like sniffing lavender essential oil which can calm down a restless mind, sipping lavender tea can knock you out to sleep.
- Your Award-winning Sleep Hero : Voted #1 in Amazon's BestReviews Award, sip your way to peak performance with premium turmeric, known to aid digestion, support joints, improve sleep, and more!
- Moon Milk Relaxes You to Sleep : Enhance your health with Turmaquik Golden Moon Milk, a tasty mix of body - boosting turmeric, black pepper, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, melatonin, valerian root and lemon balm.
- Max Absorption : Unlock better benefits! This golden milk super blend is 20x more bioavailable than other turmeric milk mixes.
- Keto Approved With No Sugar Or Sweeteners : Our USA - made golden milk tea is made with no added sugars, sweeteners, or artificial flavors. It is keto approved, all natural, non - GMO, gluten free, and vegan!
- Flex Sore Joints : Turmeric has been called the master switch for inflammation. Improve your flexibility and reduce joint stiffness and joint pain with this Golden Milk.
This is one of the age-old remedies to help fall asleep and still a popular choice. Many mothers and experts like giving milk because it contains significant amounts of the amino acid tryptophan which is also present in meals full of carbohydrates. This is the very reason why many people feel sleepy after eating a big meal. Once tryptophan is consumed, it is converted to the natural hormone melatonin, which helps regulate your natural sleep state.
- Deep flavor of Ghirardelli Premium Hot Cocoa
- Simply add hot water for a delicious, foolproof cup of hot cocoa
- We hand-select the world's finest cocoa beans to create our proprietary bean blend and roast them to perfection then we slow-blend in the purest ingredients, to achieve our award-winning distinctively intense chocolate
- Makes a great gift for any chocolate lover
- Made in USA
Do not be confused with its classic relative, hot cocoa. The two have similar tastes, cocoa is made with only cocoa powder while hot chocolate has cocoa butter. Cocoa is mixed with water while hot chocolate is mixed with milk, making it creamier, and also giving you the benefits of milk at the same time.
- Calming, soothing and without caffeine
- 100% Natural
- Improves Sleep Quality.
- Can help relieve symptoms of menopause.
- Rich, Savory and Earthy Taste.
Passion Flower Tea
This tea helps induce sleep. But research in this herbal tea about sleep is limited. This herbal is still subject to further investigations in humans to confirm the safety and efficacy for improving sleep.
- BARISTA'S CHOICE: Creamy almond milk steams and froths beautifully for full espresso drink flexibility.
- THE PERFECT PALETTE: Full-bodied, stretchy foam lets you unleash your inner latte artist.
- SMOOTH AND CREAMY: Delicate almond taste with a hint of cane sugar adds creaminess to your brew, but won’t overshadow it.
- 50% MORE CALCIUM THAN MILK: Thanks to the addition of calcium, you don’t have to sacrifice nutrition to go plant-based.
- LOW-CAL DECADENCE: With lattes this luscious, you won’t believe there’s just 70 calories per serving.
This could also be a fantastic sleep-inducing alternative drink. According to studies, the presence of serotonin in the brain can help to initiate sleep. Having healthy serotonin levels in your central nervous system often depends on the presence of tryptophan, which is naturally found in both cow’s milk and almond milk. It is also high in magnesium, which is another important nutrient that can induce sleep.
Magnolia bark tea
This contains substances that interact with the system in your brain that helps you sleep. Drinking this may be safe but researchers need to study further its effects in diverse and larger populations.
- FRESH FLAVOR: One box of 20 Pure Peppermint Herbal tea bags. Delight in the pure, refreshing taste of this warm, savory tea. Steep for four minutes for the perfect cup of peppermint tea.
- ONLY THE FINEST QUALITY: Our expert blenders source only the finest leaves cultivated to our exacting standards by trusted growers around the world. From these tea gardens we hand-select the leaves that will shape your next Twinings moment.
- PEPPERMINT TEA: Peppermint is thought to have originated in Northern Africa and the Mediterranean. Our blend is made exclusively from peppermint leaves sourced from Egypt. The fresh, minty taste of this savory tea is pure delight.
- RICH HISTORY: In 1706 Thomas Twining began selling fine tea from an English storefront in The Strand, London. Today, Twinings still sells some of the world's best teas from the original store and in more than 100 countries throughout the world.
- HAND SELECTED FOR YOUR HOME: Made without artificial ingredients, Twinings natural teas provide a wholesome tea experience. If you enjoy Bigelow Tea, Lipton Tea, Harney & Sons Tea, Davidson's Tea, or Prince of Peace Tea - try Twining's of London Tea.
This tea has sleep-inducing properties just like other teas. It tastes great and mint is also said to promote focus. This is the same as chamomile and has some of the same effects but has more flavor. Its taste and smell can aid in stress and help out immune system support, stomach problems, and even digestion. This is a good catch if you don’t know what to drink to sleep faster.
- Old-fashioned malted milk powder. In 1.5 pound Jar - compare and SAVE!
- Packaged in Reclosable Clear Plastic Jar, factory Sealed for Freshness
- Gives that distinctive malt taste to your baked goods.
- Hoosier Hill Farm brand means your 100% Satisfaction is guaranteed
This is a great sleep aid for those who want warm, milky drinks. This milk contains plenty of vitamin V, zinc, iron, phosphorous, and magnesium-a blend of minerals that will help you relax before bedtime.
- CALM YOUR MIND – End your day with a cup of caffeine-free organic Valerian Root Tea. This herbal tea is a relaxing warm beverage that should be enjoyed before bed in moderation. A cup of this tea at the end of a long day is the perfect way to enjoy it.
- HEALTH BENEFITS – Our Valerian Root Tea has many health benefits and contains alkaloids, gamma-aminobutyric acid, and isovaltrates, which support a healthy sleep cycle, ease muscle pain, and have a calming effect on the mind and body.
- ORGANIC – This organic tea is made without artificial flavors, preservatives or additives and with no GMOs, and is packed in bleach-free tea bags, so you can feel great about enjoying a cup of tea any time of day!
- STEEPING INSTRUCTIONS – Valerian Root Tea needs a good boil and a steep of 3-6 minutes to extract the full flavor and optimum benefits. Cover the cup while it steeps, remove the tea bag, and enjoy!
- BUDDHA TEAS – Crafted without additives, using only organic or wild-harvested ingredients, we believe in living harmoniously with nature, not using it for profit. Our boxes are from 100% recycled material, making our teas good for the earth and you!
This has been used for centuries as a sedative in the medical field. This is used to help reduce feelings of anxiety and promote calmness as a natural remedy to stress. This herb is a great help to treat sleep disorders, especially those who suffer from insomnia. You may combine this with lemon balms, hops, and other herbs known to lead to drowsiness. But the downside of this sleep solution is that there is a need do to take regular naptime breaks as this can be quite addictive.
- Nestlé Hot Cocoa Milk Chocolate Flavor is a rich-tasting, chocolatey hot cocoa mix that provides a great value rich and indulgent chocolate flavor. Made with real Nestlé cocoa using sustainably-sourced cocoa beans.
- Dispenser box of 60-count of cocoa sachets keeps the counter clean and organized.
- Created to meet Nestlé Nutritional Foundation criteria, which sets targets for appropriate levels of nutrients such as calcium, protein, fat and added sugar.
- Just add hot water or milk for a richer cocoa of 6-8 ounces.
- 99.9% Caffeine-free. Kosher Dairy. 27-month shelf life.
There are few things more comforting than some warm cocoa before ending your day. This drink can give a twist with some other spices and herbs for extra health benefits and flavor.
- Decaffeinated Green Tea: Our Classic Decaf Green Tea provides essential antioxidants making it delicious and healthy! Our tea is smooth and very delicate - easy to drink hot or iced. Enjoy the whole cup. Bullet 2 should be the one with individually wrapped
- Antioxidant-Rich Tea: Green tea is a delicate brew that's typically lower in caffeine than black and Oolong teas. Treat your body to the health benefits of antioxidant-packed green tea and enjoy its fresh delicate flavor
- Try Every Flavor: There's a tea for morning, noon, and night time relaxation. Try our English Breakfast, Vanilla Chai, antioxidant Green Tea, decaffeinated teas, organic teas and a variety of our herbal tea bags
- Blended and Packaged in the USA: In 1945 Ruth Campbell Bigelow created our first tea, Constant Comment, a strong, flavorful black tea blended with aromatic orange peel and sweet warming spices. Today, Bigelow is still 100% Family Owned
- Bigelow Tea: Since 1945, Bigelow has been a leader in premium tea and are proud to be a Certified B Corporation - meeting the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability
Decaffeinated Green Tea
Aside from it promotes weight loss, it contains an amino acid known as theanine, which is proven to help reduce stress and helps you fall asleep.
- Trad Med
- Trad Med 2
- Trad Med 1
Like warm milk, this is another traditional option in the world of natural sleeping solutions. Experts have suggested this as an aid for those who suffer from insomnia. This tea is very calming and soothing. Sometimes, it is good to be paired with other natural remedies like magnesium supplements.
- Calms the nervous system and supports digestion.*
- Non-GMO Verified. All Ingredients Certified Organic. Kosher. Caffeine Free.
- Consistently high-quality herbs from ethical trading partnerships.
- Taste: Pleasantly mild, with subtle citrus notes.
- Case of six boxes, each box containing 16 sealed tea bags (96 total tea bags).
Herbal Tea with Lemon Balm
This is also known as balm mint, which fights stress, insomnia and promotes healthy sleep. How to make the best herbal tea? You can start by washing lemon 10 lemon balm leaves and adding them to your teapot with boiling water. Let it steep for about five minutes before adding a spoonful of honey and drinking it while hot.
Republic of Tea “Get some ZZZ’z” Tea
This is a harmonious blend of herbs and a widely known sleep promoter. Its blend contains valerian root extract named a mild sedative.
- 6 20-count boxes of Sleepytime Herbal tea bags
- Blended with chamomile, spearmint and lemongrass
- Caffeine and gluten-free
- No artificial flavors, colors or artificial preservatives
- Steep in hot water for 4-6 minutes for the perfect cup
Celestial Seasonings “Sleepytime” Tea
This is a common favorite tea drink. This tea has been around and popular for years and is known mainly for its blend of sleep promoters like chamomile, mint, and lemongrass. This is also available in vanilla, which adds a sweet boost before heading to bed with a satisfied sweet tooth and ready to catch some restful night.
- This blend is 100 percent herbal, so there is absolutely no caffeine
- Each sachet holds enough loose tea to brew two cups.
- Sachets are the perfect marriage of loose tea and teabag convenience.
- A bright mixture of yellow chamomile flowers, brilliant blue lavender, and cornflowers.
- 20 sachets per tin.Allergen information: gluten_free
Harney and Son’s “Yellow and Blue” Tea
This flavor-flavored tea is a mix of chamomile and lavender specifically paired to help calm the nerves before bed. The two combined have super effective anxiety-reducing effects according to experts.
- Taste of the tropics | Not long ago you needed a ladder and a machete to get great-tasting coconut water. Now all you have to do is crack open a Vita Coco, the world's best-selling coconut water
- Natural hydration | Refreshing and jam-packed with vitamins, nutrients, and electrolytes (including more potassium than a banana) — Our coconut water Helps keep your body properly hydrated
- Refresh yourself | Coconut water is the natural choice for everyday, on-the-go refreshment — drink Vita Coco before a workout, with a meal, as an afternoon pick me up, or after a night out
- Fat-free, Gluten-free, and Non-GMO — and with only 60 calories per bottle, Vita Coco is the smart, lower calorie and lower sugar alternative to most sodas, sports drinks, and fruit juices
- One 12-pack case of 11.1 Ounce bottles | Available now on Amazon Prime, Subscribe and Save, and pantry — As well as Prime now and Amazon fresh (for those times when hydration can't wait)
This has the ingredients like magnesium and potassium that can help you sleep better that relax muscles. This is also full of Vitamin B, which is known to reduce stress levels.
- Each packet makes 3 (8 fl oz)
- A great way to add fresh fruit to your diet.
- Makes a great snack or a quick breakfast
This is a fruit-based sleep solution that can be made easy before bedtime and is great for promoting healthy sleep patterns. You just have to blend a small banana with some almond butter and milk. It has plenty of magnesium and potassium too that promotes muscle relaxation.
- Enjoy the lasting benefits of the Montmorency tart cherry for unmatched flavor and a natural sleep aid
- Proudly made from tart cherries grown in the USA, this juice concentrate is never blended with imported fruit
- Each convenient and easy-to-use bottle is ready to mix into your favorite drink to promote your overall well-being
- Support your body's health with our tart cherry juice concentrate that is free of artificial flavors, color or additives
- Use this Tart Cherry Concentrate as a natural alternative to chocolate. Our concentrate doesn't contain any caffeine or hydrogenated oils.
Tart Cherry Juice
In a study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food, it has been found that drinking about 16 ounces of this during the day could result in a significant decrease in insomnia. This is because cherries are full of melatonin, an antioxidant that has been known to regulate sleep cycles.
- Effective Sleep Aid; Fall asleep faster with our safe and effective melatonin vitamin gummies, formulated with 5mg of melatonin to help regulate sleep/wake cycles so you can have a restful night and great morning
- Non Habit Forming Sleeping Gummy; Give yourself a restful night's sleep without the use of sleeping pills, so you can have productive days with a delicious gummy made to help you feel calm and remedy sleeplessness without creating dependency
- Delicious Strawberry Flavor; Our melatonin gummies provide a natural calm, working as a sleep aid for adults and kids to provide a deep sleep with just 1 delicious fruit flavored gummy
- Adults And Kids Sleep Gummy; Vitaburst sleep gummies can also be used as melatonin gummies for kids; These vitamins are the effective way to help regulate sleep so you can wake up refreshed
- Premium Ingredients; Our Melatonin Gummy supplement is formulated with premium, vegetarian, non-GMO ingredients, and are made in the United States in a GMP approved facility that maintains consistent and controlled quality standards
This can also help you knock out in seconds. This is great when combined with other sleeping advice to fight off insomnia.
- 2 - 12 Oz (340g) Containers
- Classic Ovaltine Chocolate Malt Powdered Mix
- Great Mixed with Milk
- Only 40 Calories per Serving
- Enjoy Cold or Hot
Ovaltine Classic Malt or Chocolate Malt Mix
This malt beverage has been popularly consumed for sleep promotion. Both are a good source of Vitamin B, zinc, phosphorus, and magnesium. This can help relax the muscles.
Urologists recommend that children avoid drinking fluids for 1 or 2 hours before going to bed. Drinking right before bedtime may cause you to wake up in the middle of sleep to urinate.
It isn’t a tough thing if you are trying to budget your drink consumption for the best drink or knowing what to drink to sleep faster. The drink you choose is equally as important as the time you choose to drink it. Trying to stick to things that are decaffeinated will cut down on the adverse effects you see later at night. But if you can live without your morning caffeine, try other delicious options that will give you a sweet tooth and a good night’s rest.